Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Kodi does not work in Ubuntu 24.04

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    @TheFu --

Absolutely maybe? (LOL)

Thank you. I needed something like that this morning...
    Kodi can be a complex system. It is tied to specific hardware, nearly unlimited inputs, and 500 possible addons. If you happen to have an addon that is having issues, then that can take a week to get fixed by the addon team. If you don't use an addon with complexities and your material is all standard, then it will always work, as far as you know.

Sometimes with a new Kodi release, the player settings might need some tweaks to get everything perfect. For example, I've had audio-sync issues crop up that needed some playback tweaks. And my hardware never plays VP9 well, so I have jellyfin transcode it, always. Without jellyfin, the only answer would be to transcode from VP9 to some other well supported, video codec like h.265, h.264 or MPEG2. In theory, VP9 and h.265 should both be supported, but that isn't the real world. h.265 works perfectly. VP9, stutters and sometimes locks up.

So, almost always, Kodi works.

Every month, there's a new OSMC release. I try to wait a few weeks for early issues to be resolved. Sometimes, I'm not paying attention and get unlucky. Usually, nothing bad happens and all is fine. During busy times of year, I specially do not patch my OSMC systems to avoid issues and family trauma.
    Last edited by TheFu; 1 Week Ago at 01:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12